Latest Cities News
7 Amazing Things About 7 - April 10th, 2014
The Pennell family share the world of New7Wonders - March 28th, 2014
New7Wonders Cities: Which cities are up? Which cities need to be up? - March 6th, 2014
New7Wonders Cities is the third global vote organized by New7Wonders and follows the successful New7Wonders of the World and New7Wonders of Nature campaigns. “New7Wonders Cities will be a forum for discussing everything from urban planning to metropolitan governance, from tourism to architecture,” said Bernard Weber, Founder-President of New7Wonders, launching the campaign in 2012.
The great historical cities of Jerusalem, Venice and Kyoto, and the alpha world cities of London, New York, Mumbai and Shanghai, have enriched human society immeasurably. Newer metropolitan areas, from Dubai to Seoul to Cape Town to Sao Paulo, have become magnets for millions of people, and megacities that most of the world is not even aware of are sprouting across Asia and Africa. For the first time in history, a majority of the global population now lives in cities and New7Wonders Cities is the platform that enables you to vote for the 7 that are simply the best.
The infographic below shows the voting phases and you can vote right now at the New7Wonders Cities site.
Voting Phases and current status
- The global vote for New7Wonders Cities starts with more than 1200+ nominees from 220+ different countries.
2.up to 7 Oct, 2013
- More than 300 cities qualify for this phase (one per country plus the top 77 voted).
3.7 Oct – 21 Oct, 2013
- From the top 77 voted during the qualification phase the New7Wonders Cities Panel of Experts advises on the selection of the 28 Official Finalist Candidates.
4.21 Oct, 2013 – 7 Dec, 2014
- Voting for New7Wonders Cities Finalists continues across
- 28-21 phase
21 Oct 2013 - 7 July 2014
- 21-14 phase
7 July 2014 - 7 Oct 2014
- 14-7 phase
7 Oct 2014 - 7 Dec 2014
5.7 December, 2014
- The Official New7Wonders Cities, chosen by hundreds of millions of votes from around the world, will be revealed on
7 December, 2014.